Challenge Shepparton is back in 2019
After the success of Challenge Shepparton 2018, we are very excited to announce that we will be bring back this international level triathlon to this stunning country town in Victoria’s North.
Five reasons to race:
1. A unique flat, fast course, ideal for beginners or those chasing a PB!
2. The swim in Victoria Park Lake is regarded as one of the best open water courses in Australia
3. Our community comes out in force to support the athletes
4. There are many varied support events that create a festival atmosphere
5. Shepparton is a picturesque and easy two hour freeway drive from Melbourne
One of Australia’s great races with legendary community support. A key part of Australian long course triathlon tradition continues with Challenge Shepparton.
Challenge Shepparton is one of Australia’s most unique and scenic triathlons on offer. It’s a world class event with the swim leg starting in Victoria Park Lake, which is regarded as one of the best open water swim courses in Australia. Fresh water is pumped into the lake, then filtered through the natural filtration system in the wetland area providing great water quality and visibility.
The bike course is a delight, taking participants through the township of Mooroopna, then along cycle friendly country roads flanked by local farms and fields towards the township of Toolamba. Ahh the serenity!
The run course is loved by all athletes and consists of three 7.03 km laps. Runners head out along the lake edge and around Aquamoves where they enter the red gum forest and river flats. The course crosses the Goulburn River at two points on each lap.
If this sounds like you, then jump in early and take advantage of the Early Bird Special as this will only be around for a limited time only.